Almost A Milestone


So this is my 99th card I've designed to day. Hard to believe considering I only started stamping in April or May of this year. Today I got my embossing powders and heat gun from Stampin Up! so I couldn't wait to get home tonight and make a card using the heat embossing technique. This card did not turn out the way I had hoped, but it's a learning experience. For some reason, the white embossed greeting had speckles of white and smudged a bit on one side. I don't understand what I did wrong. As well, the blue card stock buckled a bit under the heat and started to warp a bit. I don't know if you can tell or not, but the bottom will NOT stick properly to the white card stock. Again, not sure what I did wrong, but hopefully I'll get better at it as I practice. I heat embossed the cut out of the reindeer with black and coloured it in with markers. ( I wonder why those other reindeer are glaring at Rudolph like that? :P) I then heat embossed the greeting with white.

To make this card I used: (all Stampin Up! products)
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark Ink
Stamps: Four The Holidays, Holiday Lineup
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Real Red
Accessories: Heat Embossing gun and powder, corner punch, Stampin Up! markers, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch
1 Response
  1. Blair Moch Says:

    Give me a call, I can help you out. You likely heated it too much, hence the buckling.