It's all about the Birthdays


I'm adding this to my collection of birthday cards, although I doubt it will last long as I am getting ready to start preparing my cards for 2010. I've decided to get really organized and have made a card holder that has a slot for each month of the year. I have put a list in each slot for friends and family listing their birthdays. I am hoping to keep ahead of the game next year. I can't tell you how many times this year I let time slide away and was either late mailing a card or didn't get it mailed at all. I am hoping to avoid that next year, although I'm sure I will end up forgetting someone.

This was a fairly simple card to make. I started out with a 5.5" X 8.5" piece of Bashful Blue card stock. (Measuring 5.5" X 4.25" when folded in half) I then measured out a piece of Mellow Moss Designer Series Paper to be 3" X 4.25" and adhered it to the Bashful Blue card stock. I measured out a piece of Brilliant Blue card stock to be 1" X 4.25" and ran it through a border punch. I took some Basic black 1/4" grossgrain ribbon and adhered it to the Brilliant Blue card stock, ash show in the picture. I then took the Brilliant Blue piece and adhered it over the Mellow Moss DSP, making a nice border along the middle. Finally I stamped Birthday Celebrations using the Upsy Daisy Stamp set from Stampin Up! with Mellow Moss ink on Whisper White card stock. I punched it out using the large oval punch. I punched out a piece of Brilliant Blue card stock using the Scallop Oval Punch and adhered the sentiment piece to it. I punched a black brad on either side of the sentiment and adhered to the top part of the card using Stampin Up! dimensionals.

I've used this design for cards many time and I always like how it turns out. Patterned paper at the bottom, ribbon in the middle and a solid colour on top with a sentiment makes for a really pretty card.
0 Responses